Administrators are important positions within a company and make sure offices run smoothly. Here you will find our guide to writing the perfect administrator job description.
Writing An Administrator Job Description.
As with any job vacancy, start with the job title and then write a brief overview of the business. It’s important that potential applicants know what kind of organisation they are applying to. Have a look at our job posting post to see how to make the most of online job postings.
You must detail the role and the responsibilities next that you expect candidates to carry out if the candidates successfully gain employment with your business or organisation.
One of the most important parts of the job description is the part that should be used to entice the candidates to apply. Of course detail the salary and benefits, but also any unique features that may appeal to the candidates. Do you offer flexible working hours or maybe more holidays than the industry standard.
Keep your job description short and don’t write long paragraphs.
Administrator Job Description Example For A Sales Company
Job Title: Administrator
Salary: £18k-25k P.a.
Company description: Example Company is a market leader in widget sales. Based in the London, we are a growing, award-winning company looking to hire a new administrator to work in our London office.
Responsibilities will include
- Answering the telephone and dealing with enquiries from both customers and suppliers
- Preparation of quotations, email and letters
- Processing of Sales Orders
- Processing of Purchase order
- Processing of Delivery Notes for Sales and Purchase Orders
- Maintain and develop computerised Sage accounts system
- Record, report and administer according to the system and management requirements
- Ordering of stationery
- Sorting and opening of post and ensuring outgoing post is taken to the Post Office/Box on a daily basis.
- Organising parcel delivery/collection via courier.
- Good working knowledge of Computerised sales and purchase ledger system,
- Sage Line 50 would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Sage ACT would be an advantage
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
Reasons To Apply:
- Modern working offices
- Competitive salary
- 28 Days paid holiday p.a
- Onsite child care
- Subsidised services