Are you looking to place a job advert on an online job board? Here we’ll show you what to look for when choosing the best job boards for your money.
Job Board Advertising Checklist.
The job boards available to potential employers are numerous, some are free, some general and some specialist. Here are our top tips for choosing the right job board for your vacancy.
- Is your job a specialist vacancy like an IT developer or more general such as an admin assistant? More often than not you should steer clear of free or general job boards for highly technical or jobs with very specific skill sets. Applicant numbers will be considerably lower than on industry or specialist job boards.
- Free job boards are free for a reason. Applicant numbers are really low or even zero. Should only be used as an additional service to a premium campaign. Also be aware of free job boards that aren’t free. Some ‘free’ job boards charge to view CV’s or contact details of candidates.
- Check your job board has the option to post for at least 4 weeks. You can always close your ad early if you find the perfect candidate within your time frame.
- Choose a job board that includes a social media posting. Many candidates are actively following job boards through Twitter or Facebook and you need to be able to attract as many relevant candidates as possible.
- Keep your company details of the job ad. Include the details at your peril, be ready for the recruitment consultants to contact you asking to send you candidates if you include your details.
- Maximise your chances of applicants for your job vacancy by placing your job board adverts on as many job boards as you can. There are variations in candidate quality and numbers even between similar ‘generalist’ job boards, so give your self maximum exposure.
At Recruit Staff Online, we specialise in job board advertising. In fact we have over 2000 in our network and we can advertise your vacancy across many job boards for less than the price of your business advertising a single job vacancy direct. Our advice is free so why not check out our pricing here or get in touch today