Writing a receptionist job description shouldn’t take too long. Here we will detail an example of a typical receptionist job description for you to use in online job adverts.
Writing A Receptionist Job Description.
Start with the job title and then a brief overview of the business so that potential candidates know who they are applying to. Have a look at our job posting post to see how to make the most of online job postings.
Next detail the role and the responsibilities that you expect candidates to fulfill if they successfully gain employment with your business or organisation.
After the role & responsibilities have been explained, the next part of the job description should be used to entice the candidates to apply. Of course detail the salary and benefits, but also any unique features that may appeal to the candidates. Do you offer flexible working hours or maybe more holidays than the industry standard.
Keep your job description short and don’t write long paragraphs.
Receptionist Job Description Example For A Sales Company
Job Title: Receptionist
Salary: £17k-21k P.a.
Company description: Example Company is a market leader in widget sales. Based in the London, we are a growing, award-winning company looking to hire a new receptionist to work in our London office.
- Meeting, greeting and welcoming visitors
- Booking meeting rooms, arranging refreshments and tidying rooms after meetings
- Opening and distributing post
- Signing for and recording post and deliveries
- Distributing circulars to staff
- Posting out client statements
- Answering telephone calls and passing on messages
- Maintaining staff attendance sheet for fire/safety purposes
- Distributing emails
- Previous Corporate Reception experience
- Professional telephone manner
- Presentable in appearance at all times
- Organised and efficient
- Strong communication skills at all levels
Reasons To Apply:
- Modern working offices
- Competitive salary
- 28 Days paid holiday p.a
- Onsite child care
- Subsidised service
We recruit across 2000+ job boards in the UK and provide a CV database searching service all for 1 fixed fee. Visit our pricing page for more details