Top 10 Hiring Hints
- Keep your job description accurate, factual and to the point. Detail what your organisation does, what you expect the succesful applicant to do & what is in it for them.
- Make sure you research the salary for the position and offer at least market rates. Offering below market rates will mean lower applicant numbers and may attract candidates without the necessary skills you need.
- Advertise your job vacancy where the most amount of relevant candidates will see and apply to your job advert. Use a multiple job posting service like Recruit Staff Online.
- Include social media and cv database searches in your hiring plan. Applicants might not see your job board ad’s and you can attract passive candidates this way.
- Don’t waste money on recruitment consultants if you don’t need to. Recruiting administrators, sales staff and thousands of other jobs can be done quickly, easily and effectively without recruitment consultants. Just use them for specialist positions.
- Choose your recruitment website or service that really delivers something for your money. 100% guaranteed response recruitment is a must.
- Choose your preferred candidates quickly. If you find a candidate that ticks all the right boxes, contact them immediately. Candidates apply to lots of jobs at the same time. If you don’t act on the perfect candidate quickly, somebody else will.
- Prepare your interview, and interview questions in advance. Keep the same questions for each candidate, so you can easily compare candidates at the end of the process.
- Use an online recruitment company that is fast. Good candidates don’t hang around, neither should you.
- Make sure the job description matches what you expect the succesful candidate to do. The biggest reason job seekers leave a position within the first three months is that the job isn’t what it was supposed to be.
To discuss your hiring needs, call us on 01925 492749 today or have a look around our website to see what we can do for you.