Next up in our category of job description posts is the waitress job description.
Waitress Job Description
As per our previous posts regarding job descriptions, please read our ‘how to write a job description’ post for general details that you should consider before you write a job description.
Below you will find the details for a typical waitress job description. This can be used/customised to add into any online job post or job board and is designed to help you get a high number of relevant applicants to your job advert.
Description for a waitress in Manchester
Waitress Job description.
Our city centre restaurant is a highly popular venue for lunch and evening meals. Our busy 150 cover restaurant is a fast paced, exciting place to work and has recently been featured in a Sunday Times food article about god food.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Waiter/Waitress who we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality or tourism industry. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- Previous experience as Waiter/Waitress within a fast paced restaurant with high service standards
- Excellent knowledge of food, wine, liquor and champagnes
- Strong guest care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Excellent rates of pay
- Flexible working hours
- Staff discount scheme
- Modern working environment
- Onsite free staff car parking